Tracking Lone Shark
Scientific Name: Carcharhinus leucas
Date Tagged: January 10, 2012
Location Tagged: Biscayne Bay, FL
Total Length (TL): 269cm
About Lone Shark
The Story Behind the Name: A group of eight extraordinary gentlemen gathered together to adopt this magnificent Tiger shark. The group is a Young President’s Organization Forum created in 1991, comprised of the following gentlemen:
- Leonard Abess, past Chairman and major stockholder of City National Bank”¨”¨
- Joel Altman, Chairman and CEO of The Altman Companies”¨
- Phil Bakes, past President of Eastern Airlines, currently Chairman and CEO of Snapper Creek Equity Management ”¨”¨
- Mark Begelman, past President of Office Depot, currently Chairman and CEO of Markee Music
- John Guarino, CEO of the Home Design Store
- Alan Levan, Chairman and CEO of Bank Atlantic”¨
- Phil McKnight, Chairman and CEO of Energy IQ”¨
- Steve Riemer, CEO of Riemer Insurance Group
Named in honor of Leonard Abess, retired Chairman of City National Bank, Lone Shark is truly one of a kind.
Satellite Tagging: Lone Shark was carefully tagged with the latest in satellite tag technology providing us with the first opportunity to follow the long term movements of these threatened species. Please keep checking back frequently to follow Lone Shark’s movements, which will be updated every few days as her satellite tag continues to send us real-time tracking data.
Adopt-a-Shark: For information on how you can contribute to our shark conservation research by adopting and tracking your own shark, please visit our Adopt a Shark page.